housing deposit

<p>Anyone else have problems getting your housing deposit back? Son decided not to go Purdue night of April 31. They will only refund $25 out of $75 if not received by 5/1. Seems a bit tight for a deadline when I sent in the money in January.</p>

<p>I sent my son's decline and his letter requesting refund of housing deposit on April 20th and haven't heard anything yet. How quickly did you hear back?</p>

<p>My son did not decide on where he wanted to go until April 31. He knew probably in California but was not sure where. Anyway, with the excitement/stress of deciding between his top four, he did not notify Purdue that he wanted the housing deposit back until May2. They keep fifty dollars if you do not tell them before May 1 yet they make you send it in in Dec and Jan for fear of not getting a spot. I faxed in the request and the woman emailed me back that they were keepng most of the money. I told her we had no problem getting our other three deposits back. I think it is a rip-off. Well at least he is not stuck in the snow in exciting west lafayette for four years.</p>

<p>Mootmom, I have talked with you before about engineering and purdue. Where did your son decide to go?</p>