Housing Deposit

<p>I know that housing selection is based on when you pay the enrollment fee and turn in the deposit. I am a NMSF and cannot afford to come to UA unless I become a finalist, but won’t be notified of that until February, so I really don’t want to pay for the enrollment/housing if I can’t actually come to the school. </p>

<p>If I wait until I am notified about my status in NM (in February) to pay the housing deposit, would I still be able to get into an Honors dorm, or would it be too late by then?</p>

<p>most NMSF do become NMF. do you have reason to believe you won’t?</p>

<p>i think if you pay by feb. you will probably be ok, but housing did become a little difficult for the latecomers (like we were!).</p>

<p>Lon…</p>

<p>What is your situation?</p>

<p>What is your GPA?</p>

<p>What is your SAT?</p>

<p>Have you been a discipline problem at school?</p>

<p>If you’re ok in these areas, and you submitted your paperwork and had your SAT score sent to NMCorp, then you will become a NMF.</p>

<p>BTW…you will know “for sure” by mid January. Rejection letters go out the first week of January, so if you don’t get one, you’ll know that you’re good.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>LonDubh, send in your housing deposit with confidence. We had the same anxieties last year when my son was a NMSF. His high school dean told him that the only things that would keep him from becoming a finalist would be 1) if he failed to submit his application to the National Merit Corp.; 2) if he decided to go into the tank academically; 3) if he bombed the SAT; or 4) if he chose to engage in criminal activity. Of the 16,000 students named semi-finalists, 15,000 become finalists. You’re in.</p>

<p>Congratulations on your tremendous achievement and Roll Tide!</p>