Housing/dorm calendar 2011-2012?

<p>Where do I find time/dates that UA dorms are opened and closed?</p>

<p>I emailed Ms. Browne a few minutes ago.
Phone: 205.348.5990 Fax: 205.348.7135 E mail: <a href=“mailto:abrowne@sa.ua.edu”>abrowne@sa.ua.edu</a> </p>

<p>I looked on the HRC housing website and couldn’t find it either. I do know a student is supposed to leave campus within 24 hours of their last test. Yikes!</p>

<p>Ms. Brown wrote back and said she would have the calendar tomorrow. I will post her response then.</p>

<p>From Ms. Browne:
The residence halls remain open during Fall Break and the Thanksgiving break. They close for winter break on Saturday, December 17, at 9:00 a.m. and re-open on Sunday, January 9, at 10:00 a.m. They close for spring break, as well. The plan at this time is for them to close on Saturday, March 10, at 9:00 a.m. and re-open on Sunday, March 18, at 10:00 a.m. Burke East and West, rose Towers, the bluff, Bryce Lawn and the Highlands remain open during all break periods, while the other residence halls close.</p>

<p>“re-open on Sunday, January 9, at 10:00 a.m”</p>

<p>Sunday is on the 8th</p>

<p>How strictly do they enforce this “move out within 24 hours of last final” rule? When you are trying to manage long flights and perhaps coordinate rides with other students, this may not be easy to accomplish. Why would they care as long as you are out of the dorm within the above windows for the dorms to be open?</p>

<p>The RA’s in the dorms have no idea as to your specific child’s schedule. They put the 24 rule in there because they don’t want kids loitering around. But there is no way for them to know when your kid’s last test is. </p>

<p>Schedule your flight whenever it’s best for you without regard for the 24 hour rule. As long as you’re out of there by dorm closing time then you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>Oh, wow, I didn’t realize they close the dorms for spring break. That’s good to know, since I wasn’t planning on bringing D home. I’m sure she’ll find something to do :)</p>

<p>Road trip, Rose. :)</p>

<p>I’m thinking Flagler Beach :)</p>

<p>gojack: Mrs. Browne said that move-in would be Jan. 8 Sunday. Nice catch!</p>

<p>Cuttlefish123,
Just plugging significant dates and times into Google Calendar,
so it will auto remind - text & email, my forgetful son :>
(Jan. 9 Sunday didn’t fit in to well)</p>