housing due but waiting on other schools?

<p>Hi
i got an email about university housing, and the due date to send in the contract is 2/1</p>

<p>however, i'm still waiting on other schools' decision letters. so should i send in my contract first and then withdraw if i decide to go to another school in the end?</p>

<p>also, what contract are they talking about? i didn't get anything in the mail yet. but i'm an international so i guess that's expected...</p>

<p>so, any suggestions on what i should do?</p>

<p>thanks in advance! :D</p>

<p>Your housing contract should arrive soon - my son got his a week or two after his admission offer. In the mailing it explains that you need to send in the housing contract/deposit, but it is refundable if you decide to attend school elsewhere and notify them before May 1st.</p>

<p>To go along with his question, I have been admitted, but still no packet from snail mail. Does the letter have to be posted by Feb 1 or received by that time? What happens if my housing packet doesn't get received by then?</p>

<p>Don't worry. There seems to have been a glitch with housing emails. We just recieved our snail mail housing forms a few days ago, then received an email with a Feb. 2 date (even though snail form said Feb. 13th). When you receive your packet about housing there will be a sticker on it with the date due. It is rolling based on when you were admitted. A day after the email, we received another from the housing office apologizing for the confusion - it said the email was sent in error and instructed us to go by the date on our snail form.</p>

<p>The above about the snail mail matches how things were a couple of years ago. Also, if you decide to NOT attend UW you can get your housing deposit back by requesting it in writing from Res Halls by May 1st. This is a separate request from the one you would send to get your UW deposit back. The two are separate entities and both would need their own notification. As always, check the UW website for the most accurate information, we CC posters are not the official word.</p>

<p>Make sure you apply for the right housing. Soon after my son was accepted, we received a few mailings from Private Dorms in the area. If you want UW housing, make sure it is UW housing.</p>