Housing-- help

<p>Does Madison let students apply for housing even though one hasn't accepted their offer to go to the school? </p>

<p>For example, UMN and IU lets you apply for housing, with a percentage of refund if you choose not to go to their school.However, UIUC does not let you do this.</p>

<p>I can't seem to find it anywhere for Madison. If Madison does let you do this, how much is the refund??</p>

<p>(Please provide a link if you find something online)
thankssss</p>

<p>Why would you want to apply for housing if you haven’t accepted the offer to enroll?</p>

<p>If you accept the offer to enroll, and apply for housing, I believe you get a refund if you decide not to attend UW-Madison.</p>

<p>I have three colleges I want to go to and I don’t know which one yet and I want to have the best housing options before it’s too late, since it is a first come first serve basis.</p>

<p>It is NOT on a first come first serve basis at UW, unlike some other schools. There will be a lottery in May to determine who gets their first choice, etc for housing. There is no guarantee of getting housing if you sign up after a certain date- even for instate students (mid march, I believe). For UW you can accept an admissions offer, pay the deposit then get offered a housing contract which has a signing due date. If you sign a housing contract with Res Halls you are committed to it if you attend UW. You can get your UW and Res Halls deposits back if you do not attend by requesting each separately by May 1st. Note that UW and Res Halls are independent- both need your request.</p>