Housing move-in tips 2019

Question: How do you hang curtains in the dorm rooms??

@CANNONMOM most use command hooks. They work the best and don’t leave a mark. I suggest buying some in a lot of different sizes. They are great for everything, even hanging up a backpack or robe or whatever.

In case your student is in Mosher, the window blinds were recessed enough so that we could put a tension rod in front of the blinds. We had one of the long, narrow windows, and a 95" panel was perfect.

@cannonmom In a dorm where a tension rod would not fit inside, we used command hooks to hold a thin, extendable rod with for the curtains. In the apartment, one roommates mom screwed them into the walls. So not necessary when command hooks work great.

thanks, everyone, for replies! command hooks it is!

Don’t know what today was like, but yesterday’s early move in was marvelous, hardly anyone seemed to do it.

@Thelma2 and @AggieMomhelp Thanks for all your advice. One of the most valuable suggestions was to request the early move in. We did that and I can’t explain how much better the move in experience was. Completely stress free for everyone. Thanks for all you counsel and it really makes a difference for so many people.

@MIAGGIE1 how exciting. How do you feel? Hope the first semester goes well. JUST remember, it’s okay if they call and are upset. Let them talk it out. They will all be fine. The first semester is the hardest. In the spring, you’ll hardly hear from them, lol!! Cheers and Gig’em!

@AggieMomhelp I am good. Better than most probably. I told my son when we left that he is no longer the smartest kid. I said knowing that you are the dumbest kid you can succeed. Thinking you are the smartest - you will fail. It is going to be a fun year.