Housing- Ogg Hall/ other stuff

<p>Hi there, im starting to rank my prefrences for housing next year and I was wondering about a couple of things and it would be awesome if i could get some help.</p>

<p>I really want to room at Ogg because Im a fan of the clusters and stuff, but i know that other people besides freshman live there. What I want to know is if all the other years like really outnumber the freshman. Cause i dont want just like my roomate to be a freshman or something...I know it maybe a little paranoid, but im jw.</p>

<p>I'm also thinking about Barnard, its my number 2 for me. What are the suite style housings like?</p>

<p>Thanks a lot for everything</p>

<p>Most dorm residents are freshmen, they reserve space for them so you will not be outnumbered anywhere you are eligible to live. You should read the Res Halls info about dorms- and old posts. Barnard was built in1913- it is old but with updated plumbing/maintenanance. Looking at specific halls and their lofting guides shows pictures of rooms.</p>

<p>My son will live in Ogg this fall as a sophomore- he was told by Housing that 50% (or possibly more) of Ogg will be freshmen (depending on room selection by upperclassmen).</p>

<p>That 50% has been in effect for awhile. This means there will be more than 50% freshmen in your dorm. There may be fewer on the most desireable floors and virtually all freshmen on the least as returning residents pick their specific room. Don’t worry about too many upperclassmen, in fact it is good to have a few people around who know the ropes.</p>

<p>And parents- don’t worry about the following sophomore year. Your student can choose to stay in a dorm sophomore year and beyond- some due to parental pressure (parental cosigning of leases is the norm for apartments). Do not make housing the issue for choosing UW. A lot more good housing very close to campus now, unlike decades ago.</p>