Housing option for upperclassmen on housing scholarship

<p>The new hall (North Bluff) will have 984 beds. Rose Towers holds 750 beds. Here is the source:</p>

<p>[$66</a> million, 984-bed dorm planned for university | TuscaloosaNews.com](<a href=“http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100617/NEWS/100619696?p=3&tc=pg]$66”>http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100617/NEWS/100619696?p=3&tc=pg)</p>

<p>It will be very interesting to see how North Bluff will be designated.</p>

<p><a href=“North%20Bluff”>I</a> will have 984 beds. Rose Towers holds 750 beds.*</p>

<p>Well, then that means at least a 225+ bed overall increase. Since Rose wasn’t honors, then whatever is determined to be honors will be an increase. And, as I mentioned earlier, Rose didn’t seem to be fully occupied.</p>

<p>It seems to me that Rose has had many int’l residents. It was less expensive than the super suites, but I think Rose had full kitchens???</p>

<p>I am becoming more optimistic that Honors housing will be available in Fall 2012 for those currently in such housing. Certainly the online presentation on 12/5 will serve to clarify that point. I suggest that everyone have their questions prepared.</p>

<p>What online presentation?? Does that pertain to incoming freshman?</p>

<p>The online presentation is for current students who are interested in recontracting for on-campus for the 2012-2013 school year.</p>

<p>I find it interesting that I wasn’t sent the email that wake210 posted, but do read the email as guaranteeing honors housing for any current honors housing resident who wants it. Except in the cases of freshman-only housing and those students living in a residence hall for which they are not eligible, students have the option to recontract into their current space or same residence hall.</p>

<p>Interestingly enough, the way the email is written says that those with housing scholarships who are not living in a living-learning community (honors housing is a living-learning community) are not guaranteed housing for the next year, which we know is incorrect.</p>

<p>It would be nice if Housing sent out an email that explicitly said who is guaranteed on-campus housing for the 2012-2013 school year if they decide to recontract. As it stands now, we have a questionably-worded email that should guarantee on-campus housing for many current students, but doesn’t clearly do so.</p>

<p>Now to find roommates for next year…</p>

<p>The email is certainly awkward and ambiguous. To SEA-tide’s point, I think the email intends that the following classes are essentially guaranteed Honors housing for 2012-13:</p>

<ol>
<li>Those on housing scholarship (no further qualification)</li>
<li>Those who are in the Honors College, and are living in Honors Housing or another living-learning community (includes a qualification)</li>
</ol>

<p>Unfortunately, the email strings classes 1 and 2 into one sentence making it appear that there is an additional qualification for those on a housing scholarship.</p>

<p>I’m sure everyone is clear as mud at this point.</p>

<p>When I spoke to housing the other day, I also asked about the housing scholarship students. I was assured that these students would continue to be guaranteed on campus housing, otherwise the scholarship would be moot, as most housing scholarships only pay for on campus residence halls.</p>

<p>i don’t think there is any question about those with housing scholarships being guaranteed housing.</p>