Housing Options and suggestions

I do not have Facebook unfortunately so cannot get info from Alabama parents about on campus living. My son might be attending and is looking at Bryant Hall, Bryce Lawn, and Ridgecrest South. He is majoring in engineering. Bryce Lawn looks interesting especially since it offers a stove and in unit washer/dryer.
Does anyone have an opinion on any of these dorms?
Thank you

My son lived in Ridgecrest. It’s the Honors Dorm.

It’s modern, you have four rooms, two bathrooms and a full living area - so it’s an apartment with shared bath.

For him - and he chose Bama over Purdue for the dorm - but for him it was too quiet. I think - but would have to check - that each unit has its own washer/dryer.

You do want to get in the facebook groups for any college he’s considering so go ahead and sign up if you can.

1 Like

Byrce Lawn has historically been an upperclassmen dorm, so freshman have not been placed there. With the over enrollment last year, freshman were placed into Byrce Lawn at the last minute, but they were usually placed with upperclassmen on housing scholarships. That was not an ideal situation for any of the parties, and I hope that will not be repeated in future years.

A parent actually asked about Bryant on the UA parent page this evening. The replies indicated that the dorm is insanely quiet, and it is hard to make new friends in the dorm. It was not recommended for introverts (much better for those who plan to join a fraternity). The parents said that the rooms were large, and the dorm was nice!

Ridgecrest South is great. The suite style is fabulous, and the private rooms are spacious. It’s a wonderful location, and it is near many of the other freshman dorms. While the dorm itself is quiet, there seems to constantly be social activities happening. It’s definitely not a party dorm, which is great for students who want a place conducive to studying.