Housing Question

Hey everyone, I just made the decision to attend Texas A&M University(a little late, I know) after being offered PACE at the University of Texas. I really did not think I was going to go to TAMU when I was accepted so I did not apply for priority housing during the 30 day period after receiving my acceptance. Now I have officially applied for housing and have been placed on the wait list. I am extremely stressed out about it and I was wondering if there is still a chance for me to receive a spot in one of the dorms. I have been told that a lot of people are registered for housing but will usually not attend for whatever reason(getting into another school, etc.) and will open up more spots after not accepting their offer. Does anyone know if this is true??? Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Its true, the date for accepted your offer of admission is May 1st, so housing will probably have some openings afterward. I must warn you that people have been on the wait list for almost 2 months now, myself included.
Housing filled up on February 1st, students have been applying and put on the wait list. I would consider off campus housing, all of my siblings attended TAMU and found that they enjoyed living off campus more. Alot of the time off campus housing is cheaper.