Housing Question

Hello all,

Just another housing question for you guys. Since this is the first year that you can only pull one roommate in instead of three, here is my son’s situation:

He has 4th day (May 11th) priority housing, while his roommate has 2nd day (May 4th) priority housing. They plan on staying in a 4 person suite (Pres), and currently have a suitemate who does not have priority housing. They have been trying to find another suitemate who also has May 4th priority so that my son and the non-priority can both be pulled in at the same time, but are having difficulty finding one. Do you think the room would fill up with randoms between the time that the May 4th priority reserved the room and my son (May 11th) pulled in another suitemate? Please let me know if I can rephrase the question.

Thank you!

No one knows for sure, since this is the first year that students can only pull one roommate in, but I would not be surprised in the least if the suite filled up between the 2nd day and the 4th day.

Update: emailed Alabama housing and they replied stating that there is a strong possibility of randoms joining, especially for Presidential. Hope this helps people!

You can also keep an eye on the facebook pages during the earlier selection times…people will screenshot and post what is available. With the rules changing this year there is really no way for anyone, including housing, to know when suites will be filled in certain dorms.

Thank you for this, I will definitely do so!