Housing questions

<p>So I've applied to some other places and am waiting until April to decide where I'm going, and I'm not sure what to do about housing at A&M while I wait for other admission decisions. </p>

<p>The info on the website seems to imply that you can get a housing fee refunded, but it doesn't really mention if that's because you found another uni to go to or if you can't go because of a major medical reason, etc.</p>

<p>Anyone have any advice on the best course of action to take? Should I just suck it up and pay the $325 just in case? Also, February is the estimate for housing to fill up, right?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>edit: And if housing does fill up and I end up going to A&M, would I just have to get an apartment or is there a sort of waitlist I could get on?</p>

<p>I haven’t been accepted yet but I would advise already putting the deposit down just in case you decide to go to A&M. Housing fills up rather quickly, and when I went to go take my residence hall tour I recall them saying something about putting the deposit down even if you weren’t sure about attending. To me this would mean that the deposit can be refunded but I would call and ask them to make sure.</p>

<p>At my freshman orientation they told me as well to put in my deposit even if I wasn’t sure I was going to A&M to ensure that I got on the housing list.
However, do I have to “accept my admission decision” to A&M in order to enter the deposit? This sort of seems like a definitive “I’m attending” which I’m still not sure of…</p>

<p>Alright, thanks. I guess I’ll just pay up just in case </p>

<p>and @josephc, I think you can apply for housing at any point with or without accepting the offer. People who weren’t automatic admits probably won’t hear until mid February, which is after housing is due to fill up, so they’d have to apply for housing before even getting an admissions decision</p>