Housing questions

<p>*However, I believe that the wording is that you can not Double Deposit after the deadline and the deadline is May 1st., isn’t that correct? *</p>

<p>this is true.</p>

<p>Txmom…I’m not sure what you’re saying is true. It may be, but I’m not sure. When I read thru the rules, it seemed to only deal with after May 1st. Which (to me) meant that a person could double deposit prior to May 1, but needed to only hold one deposit on May 1st.</p>

<p>We went thru a similar process with son’s med school acceptances. He could deposit at all of his accepted schools, which he did, but he had to pull all but one by (I think med school deadline is May 15th). He could only hold one acceptance on the deadline.</p>

<p>Way to go Mom2agrtds! :)</p>

<p>For those who are nervous about this issue, note that it is really only a problem for students who have applied to Common App schools. Here is the wording of the legalese from the Common App , “I affirm that I will send an enrollment deposit (or equivalent) to only one institution; sending multiple deposits (or equivalent) may result in the withdrawal of my admission offers from all institutions. [Note: students may send an enrollment deposit (or equivalent) to a second institution where they have been admitted from the waitlist, provided that they inform the first institution that they will no longer be enrolling.]” There isn’t an “after May 1st” limitation and there isn’t an “only one deposit at a time” limitation in the legalese.</p>