Housing Re-Contract Application Window

<p>DS freshman (non-honors, Riverside West) re-contracting application window to stay in the dorm just opened.</p>

<p>I clicked through the application steps, and received a “application not complete” status.</p>

<p>I called the office, and they said it was because the application isn’t technically complete until we pre-pay, which will happen several weeks from now. But she looked up his account using his CWID and said we’re all set.</p>

<p>Yes, your application window should say “Status: applied”, but the entire application is still incomplete. Only those asked to recontract (as space allows) will get the go-ahead to sign contract and pay deposit.</p>

<p>Here is (below) the language about the contract process. Note that I believe there is a typo in the prepayment amount: instead of $225, I think it should read $275, since $25 + $275 = $300, and $25 + $225 does not!</p>

<p>"Housing Contract
If notified to do so, you will need to return to your application and agree to, or electronically “sign,” the housing contract. To do this, you will read the contract and enter your CWID.</p>

<p>"Housing Deposit
After agreeing to the housing contract, the final step you must complete in order to submit your housing application is to pay the $300.00 deposit ($25.00 application fee and $225.00 [sic] prepayment.) You may request cancellation of your housing application with Housing and Residential Communities prior to May 1, 2014; if granted, you will receive a full refund of your $275.00 prepayment. If you cancel between May 2 and June 1, you will receive a refund of $175.00. To submit a cancellation, please fill out the online form.</p>

<p>“After you have submitted a complete housing application, you will be eligible for online room selection. You will be notified of the specific schedule by e-mail.”</p>

<p>Good luck, everyone!</p>

<p>aeromom, were you able to recontract? I had a glitch.</p>

<p>^ Hi NRDMOM! S won’t know if he can recontract until Feb, but his application status shows “applied” at 10:01:00, so no glitches there. I must say, tho, that the 4 screens/steps of verifying emergency contact info did slow down the process a bit.</p>

<p>My son’s time stamp is 10:04am… :frowning: I thought I was fast, but obviously not fast enough. Jealous of those of you with earlier time stamps. Oh well… He was in class and I had a classroom of 23 kiddos. That was the best I could do. :)</p>

<p>I would like to add to add a bit of encouraging words to the parents of rising sophomores. One of my son’s friends (at the time was a rising sophomore himself) did not apply for housing until a few days after the application opened. At first he was denied housing, but a few days later he was offered housing. So there is hope! :)</p>

<p>What is the order for actually choosing housing once approved to live on campus?
I knew this information last year, but can’t find it again.</p>