Housing Request

<p>i am still hesitant in putting in my housing request. what good dorms are there near the business school for somebody from the east coast?</p>

<p>not necessarily a party dorm, but a fun one where parties can happen, yet there are also times where its more calm.</p>

<p>also... what are the odds of getting a single? and do u recomend it?</p>

<p>Bernard and Chadbourne are literally across the street. Other Southwest dorms fit the bill as well. </p>

<p>See <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=132962%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=132962&lt;/a> Post #7
Ignore the Ogg bashing since Ogg is all new this Fall.</p>

<p>i read the article u suggested in ur post, but what do you think is the best dorm for an incoming freshman? based on location and quality</p>

<p>Best is very much depends on individual. Liz Water has always been a popular choice (which mean not everyone get it). Smith is a hot choice. So will Ogg. </p>

<p>Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you have a specific housing program you are interested (e.g. BLC, CRC) etc)?
2. Do you prefer lakeshore dorms? If so, fill up your list with them.
3. Will southwest area dorms (usually more urban, high rise) work for you?
4. If nothing else work, take a look at private dorms, e.g. University Housing</p>

<p>90% of the dorms are for freshmen.</p>

<p>Res Halls reserved 50% of the dorm space for new students when returning residents chose their rooms recently. They wanted to make sure that the dorms available to freshmen did not fill up with returning students (there are some dorms for freshmen only, nonfreshmen only...), this means even the most popular dorms will have room for freshmen. The single rooms probably went to returning students already (one lakeshore dorm that has mostly single rooms is nonfreshmen, another has the international houses). Many students live in off campus apartments after their freshman year so expect to see plenty of peers in the dorms! One nice thing about UW is that they don't have triples that you hear about at some campuses. The dorms are popular enough that it seems as though every double is set up/used as a double, you don't get to have a single in the same size room as the doubles. In my day one tower of Witte was reserved for grad students, times have changed- there are no grad dorm rooms now...</p>

<p>The link in post #2 has a lot of good information/opinions- worth reading even though it's one year ago.</p>

<p>if you are from the east coast maybe you should look into the private dorms. especially at this point where you may not get your first choice public dorm</p>

<p>I'd stick with Res Halls instead of living in an off-campus dorm, you'll be with a lot more people and the campus dorm amenities...</p>