Housing scholarship

<p>It’s my understanding the Blufffs are ending their contract w/ UA. Are the Highlands or Bryce lawn covered by the housing scholarship? I know they’re not as “nice” as the honors dorms, but I don’t really want to live in the dorms all 4 years if there’s another options.</p>

<p>thanks!</p>

<p>Yes … Those are covered.</p>

<p>As with all on-campus housing (Greek houses are considered to be off campus), the Highlands and Bryce Lawn are owned by a UA subsidiary and are thus covered by a housing scholarship. The Bluffs are owned by a private company and thus use of a housing scholarship is subject to UA Housing’s continued contracting with that property owner.</p>

<p>^
Just to clarify, the one and two BR suites in honors require an upcharge. One parent was surprised by that this year. The four BR are covered.</p>

<p>The downside of Bryce Lawn/The Highlands as a housing scholarship student is that the while Bryce Lawn and The Highlands have four students in an apartment just as the Honors dorms do, the layout is different. In Bryce Lawn/The Highlands, two of the rooms are singles and one is a double. As I understand it, the housing scholarship will only cover the space in the double room in that circumstance – so you would be moving from a single room to a double room if you are currently in Honors Housing – unless you are willing to pay a $1200 per semester upcharge to be in one of the single rooms.</p>