Housing selection last night

<p>Well, the much anticipated housing selection went on last night at 7:00 for my son and his roommate. Son is honors…passed on the honors selction last month to “take one for the team” and room with his non-honors friend…at 7:00 and 10 seconds there were only a few single rooms in the suites, zero for 2 rooms in any suites…son grabbed 2 rooms in a 3 room “suite” with an unknown sophmore already in the 3rd room at the Highlands and pulled his friend in to that…the only other options were Paty and Rose which were both “no go” for him…</p>

<p>At first he was a little dissapointed, but after looking into Highlands it might be a pretty good situation, although location not ideal…3 bedroom 2 and a half baths and full kitchen…also, he has the option to keep looking for 2 room scenarios that could open up during future sign up times in Riverside North or Lakeside East or Ridgcrest east…</p>

<p>Couple of questions…</p>

<p>1) How feasable is it that 2 rooms might open in one of the above listed dorms over the next few months…? Obviously the odds improve for him if they are dilgent about being on the housing site during open sign up hours…</p>

<p>2) Is anyone familiar with The Highlands…it used to be for upper classmen only but changed this year…it is near Rose and Riverside North…is this a good scenario if they up end staying there…?</p>

<p>Judging by the UA Housing site, Highlands looks fabulous!</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/halls/hall_list.cfm]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/halls/hall_list.cfm)</p>

<p>Oh man, LOVE that kitchen. Lovely cabinets!</p>

<p>My D’s BF is in the Highlands this year as a freshman. The accommodations are great, but he has some rowdy roommates. Sounds like your son will be fine there since he has a friend in one room already.</p>

<p>Well, I have some new information. I asked D and she said that the condition of the rooms are such that bf has the number for maintenance on speed dial. Also, from D’s report the overall vibe is rowdy. I asked her if it was preferable to Paty and she said it is a trade off in that the Highlands are bigger and you have your own bedroom, but Paty is quieter and more conveniently located. Just sharing D’s opinion ~</p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up…I’m sure it will work out fine. Might need to get the number of the maintainence guy from you…Ha!</p>

<p>Cheers</p>