Housing Selection Question

<p>My S has his roommates set. One of the roommates and my S both have first selection time slots. Do they have a better shot at getting one room in desired location if they both try to sign on and grab a room? I know they have 5 minutes to complete registration and only one can complete the process - so my question is - is it beneficial for both to try or will that somehow mess things up?</p>

<p>If possible, have your son and roommate with the early selection time be talking on the phone with each other during the room selection process. They can find an open room and quickly reserve two of the spaces provided that they both choose different spaces in the same room. They can then repeat the process by each pulling in another roommate. Make sure that they have all the required information, name, proxy code, etc., to pull in the other roommates.</p>

<p>In short, by planning in advance and working together during the process, they can quickly and easily select a room and get all of the roommates assigned to that room.</p>

<p>@SEA_tide - for some reason I thought that once one person chose a room, the other slots in that room were held for the 5 minutes? Is that not the case? </p>

<p>There is no issue with the kids being on the phone with each other. I just feel like we are going to screw this up somehow.</p>

<p>I have no idea about any 5 minute hold as I have not participated in that aspect of the room selection process. Housing should have a video that details the process of pulling other students into the same room as oneself.</p>

<p>the room holding thing is true, but when the system is bombarded, things don’t always complete as they should. i would probably have each guy try to get a four person room and see if one gets the job done before releasing the other.</p>