Housing selection times have been released

<p>At least some of them have. My S got an e-mail to his crimson account that he has April 2 at 6:15. I have no idea why he doesn’t have the first time (6:00) since we filled out the application as soon as it was available, but one of his roommates has 6:00 so he will have to take care of things. I’m kind of glad not to have the pressure, actually. :)</p>

<p>We got 7:30pm the same day.</p>

<p>April 2, 7pm</p>

<p>April 4, 6:30</p>

<p>April 4, 8:00 pm</p>

<p>April 2, 7:30
Roommate got 7:00</p>

<p>I’m with Lisa, glad not to have the pressure.</p>

<p>How many students are assigned to each time slot?</p>

<p>^ I thought most of the honors dorm rooms were the same. Is there really such a big difference that a few days makes it hard to find a room?</p>

<p>Those time slots sound different from last year. Last year I think all the time slots started on the hour. Sounds like they’re staggering things a bit. </p>

<p>MichiganGeorgia, kids who are trying to get whole suites with 3 other roommates or who want a particular floor of a particular dorm have a better chance with an early pick time. If you’re looking for a single spot (or even a couple spots) and you’re not picky about which honors dorm you’re in, it’s not as important. But all of the honors dorms are nice. There are some differences between Ridgecrest South and Ridgecrest East/West (you can see that just by looking at the floorplans), but they’re very comparable and I wouldn’t say one is ‘better’ than the other - just a little different.</p>

<p>april 2 6:00 so if we have the 1st slot chances are good to get near other friends? do they just pick a dorm and floor?</p>

<p>April 2 at 6:00 for DD</p>

<p>Wow - you guys are on the ball! April 4 at 6. Not a bad time for us. He wants honors and has no roommate yet. He thinks he may just go pot luck. My D would have never never gone potluck!! We are trying to discourage that route. Hopefully he will look around and “meet” someone he thinks would be compatible. But then again… that would take some effort on his part! He is in “senior” mode for sure! He just wants to be there. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>April 2 at 6:15 for D.</p>

<p>DD2’s time slot is 6pm on April 2nd.</p>

<p>No email here. Son completed the app within the first 20 minutes. I do hope everything is ok. Does anyone know if students on housing scholarship can “pull” non-housing scholarship Honors students in to the room this year?</p>

<p>seekingknowledge - Did you check your son’s crimson account? That’s where the e-mail went. And I believe the criteria for being in the honors dorms is just being in honors, I don’t think the scholarship has anything to do with it, so you should be fine. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. :)</p>

<p>April 2, 6:15 pm</p>

<p>Not that it is a problem to son, but like Lisa, I can’t figure out why he is 6:15 vs 6 since the housing deposit was paid and processed in <5 minutes of the opening to pay.</p>

<p>Lisa: He did check. No email. He also checked his housing application. It says complete. I guess he will have to email housing. Very strange though. He applied as soon as the site opened. It took him 15-20 minutes to get in and complete. But he did complete it.</p>

<p>May I ask if your sons & daughters are entering freshman or returning students? Are they on housing scholarships?</p>

<p>seekingknowledge - I may be reading this wrong but I think they are posting about incoming freshmen housing selection…is your s/d a current freshman?</p>