Housing?

<p>…opens in three weeks. Any reccomendations on where to stay?</p>

<p>–I want suite-style (visited Riverside and LOVED it)
–Will be a member of Honors college, but unsure if I want to stay in ‘honors’ housing
–majoring in engineering</p>

<p>Thanks!!</p>

<p>For engineering majors, sometimes Riverside East is easier because it’s a bit closer to Engineering bldgs.</p>

<p>is this for spring 2013? If it is for fall, 2013, you will put your deposit in in about 3 weeks, but you do not actually choose the room until next spring. So you have LOTS of time to make a great choice. But get the deposit in early so you have first pick at rooms.</p>

<p>Also remember that if you do not choose Honors housing your first semester, you will never be able to get Honors housing.</p>

<p>okay, thanks…yeah it is for Fall 2013, and I plan on depositing Oct 1st</p>

<p>on a related note, is it better to be in ‘honors’ housing?, is there really any difference?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Depends on what you want and need for you. If you are an honors student, and you plan on living in a suite, then yes, I would plan on honors housing.</p>

<p>Rolltide94 - “Honors housing” are the Riverside West, Lakeside West, Ridgecrest North and Ridgecrest West residences\dorms according to this link:</p>

<p>[Honors</a> Communities | Honors College](<a href=“http://honors.ua.edu/life-in-honors/honors-communities/]Honors”>Honors Residential Communities – honors.ua.edu | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>Those dorms are suite style meaning each person has their own room, with typically 4 students per suite. My D stayed in Riversite for SITE over the summer and they are very cool. You also have a living area and decent size kitchen. There are 2 bathrooms so you are not sharing with 3 other people (basically 2 students per bathroom). Don’t think you are required to live there to be in Honors but I asked on this board and every reply so far has been that’s it’s a great idea to try and live there.</p>

<p>Hope this helps</p>

<p>I am honors, a freshman, and in engineering and living in ridgecrest west right now–go for the honors housing! It’s so nice and it’s quiet the majority of the time–we haven’t had any problems with our neighbors. I live in the furthest building from engineering in the honors housing and it’s still only a 10 minute walk. Also it’s 5 minutes from the ferg and 5 from lakeside dining. All in all a great place to live.</p>