Housing

<p>Just wondering about housing options after freshman year. </p>

<p>Are there enough dorm rooms that a student can live on campus all 4 years? If not, what are the options?</p>

<p>For the honors dorms, is there one that is most preferred? Which one is closest to the engineering building?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>The school doesn’t guarantee housing all 4 years. Some students are able to live on campus for all 4 years, but most students want to move off campus after the first year or two.</p>

<p>There are many VERY nice “student apartment” complexes in the area. Some have trams that take the kids to campus. A couple of the complexes have a Crimson Ride route. </p>

<p>All the honors dorms are very nice. Riverside East may be closest to Eng’g.</p>

<p>I don’t think housing is guaranteed for all four years, but there are lots of apartment
options. If you want honors housing you have to start with it as a freshman and never leave it or you can never get back in. For some reason kids were all trying to get into Ridgecrest South north tower for honors. It’s all suite style. I think they are all nice but its probably because its the newest honors building. There is a map on the UA site so you can see where the dorms are in relation to the buildings. I think the Riversides buildings are closer, but none are really that far from engineering. My S is in RCS and goes to engineering.</p>

<p>Our Freshman S is in Presidential I (holds just under 1000 kids) this year and it is not yet clear if he truly will be given the option to stay in his room even next year. I am getting conflicting info on this, and the fact that housing moved re-contracting from 10/1 to January tells me that they don’t know quite how to handle it either.</p>

<p>Ground is broken now on Presidential II but I don’t think it will be ready for Fall 2013. When it is, I hope it alleviates some of the strain.</p>

<p>In fairness to UA, they are coping with unprecedented demand (this freshman class was the largest in school history) but that just tells me they need to build more (and faster).</p>