Housing

<p>I was accepted to Alabama with both the Presidential and Engineering scholarships, and was accepted into the honors college as well. I am in between about 4 colleges right now, so I am not sure if I will be attending UA or not. From what I understand, Ridgecrest East, West, and South are all places where honors students can live.
Out of the three, which one is the best?
Is it likely that I will be able to live in these dorms (i.e. do these dorms get filled up quickly?) even if I have not put my housing deposit down or committed to UA?
Is it possible to put money down (and be able to get a refund) for housing, just in case I decide to go here?</p>

<p>You would have to pay a $200 freshman enrollment fee that is non-refundable, then you pay the housing fee which is $300. If you decide not to attend UA, you can get a refund of $275 from the housing fee. Hope this helps! </p>

<p>All 3 of the honors dorms are very nice, so dont worry about “best”.</p>

<p>You need to deposit as soon as you can.</p>

<p>Similar question:</p>

<p>I am down to 5 schools (plus one waitlist). Should I go ahead and apply for housing?</p>

<p>Probably. Our recruiter told us that they couldn’t guarantee Honors housing after April 1 but I haven’t seen that in writing anywhere.</p>

<p>calbie2014: Congrats! Just FYI, somewhere around 500-600 freshman Honors students will probably NOT be living in Honors housing (based on some stats we got last fall from Honors). They live all over campus. So don’t worry too much if you don’t get into one of the “honors” dorms.</p>

<p>Another thought: Get on the FB groups for Ridgecrest Honors and UA Class of 2018 Honors, etc and see who is looking for roommates. You may find roommates with an earlier selection date that you have and been brought in on their date for room selection. My D (pres & engineering scholarships too) found roommates that way and will be pulled in on their May 1 date rather than our May 8 date. Good luck.</p>