Housing

Hi, can anytell me how the housing works? Is it priority based upon when you submit your deposit? Random? Based on when you applied? Thank you.

I believe it’s based on when you sign your housing agreement. Once you accept and put a deposit down , the housing portal opens on a set date for everyone who has also committed and made a deposit. Last year it was March or April. Once the housing portal opens I believe the timeslot is based on when the student electronically signs the agreement. In late May you will receive your timeslot to pick your housing. So if you sign the agreement early you will get an earlier timeslot. If you haven’t committed to bing yet and are waiting until admitted students day or May first then You will have a later time slot

I committed to bing and im a transfer student, will they email me to let me know that I can sign the agreement? I want to try to get good housing, perhaps a single in Dickinson if possible. I emailed res life and they told me that housing sign up doesn’t begin until late may/early June.

I’m entering in as a sophomore :slight_smile: