Housing

So I got a call that I had not completed Phase I, even though I signed a contract and paid my fee. Quite frustrated that I’m just now getting notified and it wasn’t clear when I signed the contract and paid the fee that Phase I wasn’t complete.

Anyway, they said they can’t backdate the completion of Phase I.

My question for those in the know, do you think that is going to be a problem with housing?

No one really knows as this is the first time TAMU has done a Phase 1 and 2. Before it was all together to sign contract and pay fee. So if it’s the same, then yes, it’ll penalize you by date stamp for future room selection.

Ok. Well, I didn’t know this was the first year with this protocol. It kinda frustrates me even more that it wasn’t more clear to me that the contract and payment did not complete the Phase. It’s been a couple of weeks so it’s hard for me to remember what was on the screen. I would be curious if they are having this issue with a number of people.

It is frustrating but it isn’t the first year for time stamping I just meant that in the last phase 1 and 2 were together. They weren’t called phases. It was just priority housing and needed to be done quickly after acceptance. You should still be ahead of most of the holistic reviewed.

And if it were me… Id push the whole , the money came out of my acct on xx date and I signed it same day. Not sure why it wouldn’t be considered complete. That’s the part that’s new so I can’t help with what it’s suppose to look like aside from what people said on here about getting an email letting them know when phase 2 was happening.

Fear not though, I promise it all works out!!!

Thanks.

I’m okay with just letting it go as long as we’re not left out in the cold. I’ve read so much that some folks have put the fear of God into you that you will not have a spot.

@macarthur lol at Fear of God… there are plenty of spots at tamu on campus. They really want freshmen to live there. As long as the student is open to what is available, then it’ll be great. It’s such a huge transition regardless of where they live or who they live with. By Oct/November, they are already putting down contracts for sophomore year and have selected roomies etc. It’s very exciting for them and makes the current living situation, not as big a deal. But I promise you will have a place to lay their head each night!

Good deal. Thanks.

If you are concerned about the date you will get to select your housing you might want to look at signing up for an llc. That guarantees housing at a particular dorm.

I think the system may have some issues. I did his phase II the date he was assigned. Completed. A week or so later I had a feel maybe I should check. I went back in to find out it was not completed ?