how accurate is the Davidson grade deflation rumor??

<p>Sure. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Davidson College as a liberal arts college. The professors were pretty accessible, the student body was likeable and as far as I knew, every single person but me was very happy there. </p>

<p>I just wouldn’t go to a small LAC again. I went to a large Ivy for grad school and just like being part of a bigger school, particularly in a larger city. I do like just being able to say where I went to grad school and getting compliments, without having to explain anything about the school, too (unlike Davidson, which some people have heard of but a lot haven’t). </p>

As a international Davidson Alum who spent a semester at Wake Forest, Stanford, and Salem College, I can say with confidence, that getting top grades at Davidson is not only rarer, but also significantly harder. At Stanford, I was the only student to get a straight A in any of the 3 term papers in a Nobel Lit class… At Salem, I got an A in a Hitchcock class, (i think there were 2 As given out of 14-16 students) and at WFU, i’ll be honest, I can’t remember.
At Davidson, I was barely average…my GPA is a frustrating reminiscent of a car crash.
Finally, no students got a 4.0 in my year.

My son graduated from Davidson with a 3.4 GPA and went on to medical school where he graduated with a 4.0 GPA and a class rank of #1 just for sake of comparison. Everyone in his medical school class(including Harvard graduates) was a top student as an undergraduate.