How are Reddit applying to college (A2C) and CC different?

The only thing Reddit does better than CC is the nested threads. I really dislike how a reply to a post in CC goes down to the bottom of the page.

2 Likes

So true…

1 Like

Is that a feature or a bug?

No comment. :grin:

1 Like

CC is doing ALOT! right. For the life of me I can not adequately navigate reddit A2C. It gives me a headache! Love the format here. Very well laid out and clear :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m back on CC (as of about a week ago) after nearly a year off, after kid #2 got into college and now kid #3 is nearing the end of junior year of high school. In the meantime I’m on reddit multiple times a day and the way reddit is structured I can (and did) join A2C a while back and can see the top threads from there on my home page, glance at the title, and decide if I feel like engaging or (mostly) not.
I agree with pretty much everything that’s been said in this thread already about how A2C is much more student-dominated than here. One thing that I find a negative on CC is how long threads get… there are threads on here that were already too long a year ago for me to ever catch up on (if you want to read from the beginning) and are still going. I know you can just jump in at the end but I don’t want to repeat things that 20 people have said already. On the flip side, it’s easier here I think to keep a conversation going since threads fall off of the top page there quickly and become more difficult to find.

2 Likes

I agree! And I have to say, I see very few kids getting into ‘all or none’…I am sure we could all share our lists of this kid got into Penn but not a single UC, this kid got into Northwestern but not Duke, etc (I am talking about kids with no hooks).

Good to know CC is not the only one with server issues. :grin:

2 Likes

There’s actually a spinoff subreddit of A2C called r/collegeresults. Students often post their results along with their stats and ECs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/collegeresults/

3 Likes

Holy cow, thank goodness my kids have never seen this! I just zoomed over there and read the post by “Hookless but Stereotypical PoliSci/STEM Asian Applicant Gets into Harvard along with other good schools”. I believe students are capable of the grades and rigor the poster states, but I don’t even know what to say about those EC’s except …I cannot believe that one human is capable of all that, let alone a 17 yo, due to their only being 24 hours in a day. Anyone can post whatever college results they want on reddit:).

They can on CC as well. :flushed:

1 Like