How big are the biggest classes?

And what classes are they? I did get the class size info in MyBama, and most look pretty reasonable. But, the CDS shows some bigger ones and I’m wondering what those are. Anyone have an idea of how big classes get?

I am honestly not sure as my daughter will be a freshman in the fall, but I do think the class sizes for Fall of 2022 are a bit deceiving. They “hold back” seats so the upperclassman don’t take everything. They open up additional seats all throughout the summer for freshman registering (think Bio 101, Psych 101, etc etc) so if you are wanting a more accurate look, i would look at Fall of 2021 (you can look at it the same way as Fall 2022) and it shows total class size, etc

I will say this…I went to a smaller private school and transferred to a state school - honestly it doesn’t matter if Bio 101 has 100 kids or 400 kids, once you hit “auditorium threshold”, it all shakes out…Once you get past those big freshman classes, your “major” classes will get quite smaller…just my 2 cents.