How big of an advantage do i get for being a URM

<p>I dont exactly agree with the fact that URM's get an advantage but i'll use it to my benefit. How much are my chances swayed by being a URM?
Some people have said that being a URM you can easily get into top schools with pretty good test scores. Others have said it doesnt matter that much anymore.
Also, I am half hispanic and half white. My parents say that I am still a URM but im not too sure. So am I still considered a hispanic URM?
And my last question. I have read that only mexicans are the hispanics that benefit from being a URM. I am not mexican but spanish and peurto rican. So again, am I still subject to being a URM?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Please go to the Resources sticky thread at the top of this forum and read the threads linked to in the section titled: Hispanic applicants and College admissions.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Please go to the Definition sticky thread at the top of this forum and read post #1 about the definitions of ethnicity and race.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>This is addressed in earlier section I advised you to read.</p>

<p>Oh. Didnt know there was a resource for this. Sorry.</p>

<p>That’s OK, this subforum is hidden under Specialty Topics. If you need further clarification, just ask!</p>