how binding is accepting admission?

<p>I was trying to get the link to apply to honors at TAMU, which we have since received, but I thought I needed to click on accepting offer of admittance to A&M.</p>

<p>How binding is this acceptance if my son decides to go to Baylor?</p>

<p>It is kinda an ethical thing…
be sure before you click that acceptance button, you have until May 1st to make that decision</p>

<p>I clicked to accept my acceptance without realizing that I was kind of making a promise to go there. However, I have since learned that it is not official until you register for and attend an NSC.</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC App</p>

<p>Exactly! I didn’t see it as an early decision; guess that is how they meant it, though. Well odds are good he’ll end up there anyway!</p>

<p>That’s good to hear haha. I got my scholarship for $56,000 at Baylor because i only submitted my 1740 SAT, so I definitely won’t be attending there haha. It is a great school, however, and if your son decides to attend there, he will be with some amazing peers and teachers.</p>

<p>I see in the acceptance letter, “If you do not formally accept the offer of admission AND register for a New Student Conference by May 1, 2012 Texas A&M will assume you have declined our offer of admission.”</p>

<p>The word “and” above is underlined in the letter, so it looks like the two together are the glue that binds the decision.</p>

<p>Yes, that’s basically what it is. They give some leeway for students to consider their financial aid and scholarships before making their final decision on what university they will attend. Also, you are not bound by registering for an NSC, but by attending (that’s what I have come to understand from both A&M and UT). Hopefully that clears something up.</p>