How can i explore more into my passion of journalism.

<p>I've always been a curious person about everything (people,sports, school,current events) and I've always like watching the news.By the time I was in 4th grade I decided I'll be a journalist.I am a a rising freshman high school and want to just find any oppurtunities that I can interview and write so I can be a successful teenage journalist (magazine,newspaper,summer programs,) .I want to build an impressive resume of journalism credits for self-satisfaction and let's be honest also because when I apply for the top journalism colleges I have an edge.Final thing would major newspaper/ internet news (Huffington post,New York Times,CNN,Fox News,Washington Post) hire teen journalists.Thanks for anybody that took time reading this and I would just be ecstatic if anyone answers.</p>

<p>You really don’t need to work or intern at a major news outlet in high school; chances are, most big name ones don’t really have any internships for high schoolers (I heard HuffPost has some teenage writers, but just for the teen section. I don’t know how you get involved with that.)</p>

<p>Does your school have a school newspaper? If so get involved with that. If not, or if you want to do something extra, maybe see if your local newspaper would let you intern there.</p>

<p>As for summer programs, do some research, there are some good ones out there. Off the top of my head, AAJA JCamp, Al Neuharth Free Spirit (which is only for rising seniors), and Medill Cherubs (which is only for rising seniors, if I remember correctly). </p>

<p>Thank you very much.That was very helpful and I’m looking forward to hopefully interning with my local newspaper and searching the summer programs you mentioned.</p>

I have a friend (who is in high school) who has written for Luna Luna magazine online since her sophomore year.

The beginning of high school is a good time to try out writing a blog. I began one a few years back that centered on baseball. It was a mix of news-type articles and columns. It helped me experiment into multiple aspects of sports journalism. Now, I was not getting a major viewership, but I enjoyed the experience. However, that led to a couple people asking me to write for their small sports websites, which was pretty cool.

Additionally, a school newspaper is a great place to start, even Yearbook. My high school has a broadcast club where they report school news each morning. Something like that would helpful if you were interested in broadcast journalism.

Local or regional weekly newspapers or arts newspapers are always looking for new talent to cover things of interest. You might get expenses covered and there could even be pay (often by the word) for accepted articles.