How can I get started in journalism?

<p>I'm a sophomore in high school and I was wondering what I can do to get exprience in journalism. I'm not in any clubs yet but I decided to join my schools newspaper, yearbook and Falcon Weekly junior year. Falcon Weekly are video announcements that air every Friday(the falcon is our mascot). Only thing is NO ONE reads the newspaper haha. Anyway is junior to late to start? My college choices are:
University of Iowa
University of Illinois
Indiana University-Bloomington
Michigan State University
University of Pittsburgh
Drexel University
Depaul University</p>

<p>Note that I'm an average B student and I'm not in any honors but Im still a smart student; so I may be a far range from Syracuse, Maryland and UFlorida. So any advice?</p>

<p>Sent from my LG-P509 using CC App</p>

<p>It’s definitely not too late to start. I had zero journalism experience and I was concerned about that but I still got accepted for journalism at Maryland, Syracuse, Penn State, and some smaller schools. I don’t think it will affect your resume whether people read the newspaper or not, it should still be great experience for you. Doing those things will look good on your application, and you’ll have two years of them if you stick with them.</p>

<p>Thanks a lot!</p>

<p>Sent from my LG-P509 using CC App</p>