How can I tell if i'm accepted into my major already?

<p>I'm an auto admit, both to UT Austin and A&M. I'm OK with both schools, and i'm trying to get into Petroleum Engineering. So whichever school lets me in, that's the one i'm going to...</p>

<p>However, on the A&M application status thing, it says that i'm admitted, and now I must accept or decline the offer. But nowhere did it say about my major decision. Do they often come later with a separate notice? UT told me their decision about my major will be before Mid February, but I did not find any info about it for A&M....</p>

<p>So how can I tell when I'm admitted into my first choice major? And when do they usually arrive by? Or is it guaranteed first choice major for A&M if i'm in the top 10%...?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>EDIT: Also, I noticed although I applied for Engineering, but under degree column it shows "Bachelor of Science"..I'm a bit confused...I guess Engineering is considered a branch of science..?</p>

<p>nvm i found it on the packet they sent me…it was hidden in a little pocket on the envelope… So I assume the major listed on there is the one i’m already admitted to.</p>