How competitive is admissions to A&M's Biomedical Engineering Program?(Undergraduate)

<p>I am considering applying to this program and would like to know how competitive is it to get into this program. Also, is the Biomedical Science major any good?</p>

<p>--</p>

<p>Also, I would be an in-state applicant at a competitive high school.</p>

<p>If you apply early enough and have auto-acceptance to the university then you should be able to get in. The biggest hindrance to getting in would be that the major fills up very fast. </p>

<p>If you are interested in the biomedical science degree, I would honestly look into just majoring in one of the pure sciences such as chemistry or biology and taking electives that may hit on the “biomedical” part of things.</p>

<p>So submitting your application early helps your chances?</p>

<p>A&M is rolling admissions, meaning that applications are reviewed and accepted/denied as they are received. So what this means is that as long as you are admitted, all there needs to be are spots open in your desired major. Since Engineering fills up very fast, yes, it is ALWAYS best to submit your application as quick as you can.</p>

<p>The earlier you submit, the better your chances to get your selected first choice major.</p>

<p>If we do not get into BMEN, must we major in our second choice?</p>

<p>I am applying in the middle of October (as an auto-admit as well) and shall come in with about a 3.4 CBK (excluding the ENGR 111/112 sequence) from community college.</p>

<p>Will there be no way for me to get into BMEN if spots fill up this year?</p>

<p>My S is biomedical engineering…do your best to apply by the first week of October. As earlier poster said, if you are auto-admit then getting into your first major completely depends on when you get your app in and whether the major is full. Since BME is very small, it does fill up quickly.<br>
Also, as an earlier poster said, majoring in chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering and then adding some BME courses here and there…or studying BME in grad school…is wise. </p>

<p>Just finish that application!!!</p>

<p>Apparently my SAT scores won’t be sent until Oct. 25th, so I’m still missing some admission credentials. =[</p>

<p>I read “GEST does not accept students who have earned more than 60 semester hours from all of their collegiate studies,” so could this guarentee that I’ll get BMEN?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Accepted into Biomedical Engineering. :slight_smile:
There are still spots!</p>

<p>A&M told me that Mechanical, Biomedical, Petroleum, and Chemical were already full.</p>

<p>Oh! :[
I was accepted on the 31st, and my processed date was the 10th if that helps anyone.</p>