How Did People React to Your Acceptances?

<p>I’ve gotten anything from blank stares from people who’ve never heard of my school to mispronunciations of my school’s name to variations of “are there any black people at (citygirl’s college)?”</p>

<p>^^^ Lol. It’s funny how the people most revered at a school are the slowest. If I found out there were no other black people at the college I wanted to go to, I’d most definitely find some. Somehow, someway, I would find some black people lol.</p>

<p>I’m not black, but I think that it’s such a shame that people are so willing to jump to conclusions about your race and disregard your hard work and accomplishments rather than consider their own shortcomings in college applications or the fact that it’s such a crap-shoot. it’s part of why i’m against racial affirmative action, frankly.</p>

<p>True. I find it really funny how if a black person applies to a really good school and a white person does the same but only the black person gets accepted, the white person automatically suggests the black person got in b/c of affirmative action. They discredit ECs, SAT scores, ACT scores, GPA, ranking, essays, recs, and just the overall hard work put in.</p>

<p>i just got the usual happy response. or had people ask me about my test scores.
the worst responses came for rich or upper-middle class bastards who never thought i was “that good.” they were just like “oh thats great” but i could tell they were trying to figure out how the hell they would take me</p>

<p>^ Lol. I know, it’s super annoying.</p>