How difficult is it to change majors once admitted?

<p>My son is applying to UMiami for Fall of 2012 but he really has no idea of what he wants to study at this point. Last spring he was sure he was premed majoring in some science and this week he is thinking Business with a possible Finance major. If he applies and is accepted to the School of Business (undergraduate), how easy or difficult will it be to change to a Biology or Neuroscience major? He just sent in the supplement to his Common application saying that he was applying to the School of Business with an undeclared major.</p>

<p>It’s pretty easy unless you’re switching into music. I’ve heard marine science can occasionally be a pain, too.</p>

<p>I’ve personally changed my majors about 10 times. You just fill out a form and sign it. The hardest part is remembering what your current major is (you have to write it down). :P</p>

<p>It really differs depending on what major are you willing to change to and from. Unless your son changes major right before the graduation, everything will be just fine (with some workloads, of course)</p>

<p>My question really has to do with if he is admitted to the School of Business, is it a hassle to switch (either before orientation or during his first year) to Premed (in the Arts and Sciences)?</p>

<p>I’ve asked the question to my fellow freshman who had recently switched from Management Science to Premed, and the answer, is, not hard at all.</p>

<p>It’s very easy to go from the School of Business to A & S. The reverse switch is a little trickier. If he thinks business is a real possibility, it’s probably best to start there and then change if needed.</p>

<p>

[Admissions</a> : University of Miami School of Business](<a href=“http://www.bus.miami.edu/undergraduate-programs/admissions/index.html]Admissions”>http://www.bus.miami.edu/undergraduate-programs/admissions/index.html)</p>

<p>Thank you so much for this information. This sounds great.</p>

<p>How difficult is it to switch into marine biology from microbiology?</p>