How difficult is UCSC?

<p>I applied for UCSB, UCSC, UCD, UCSD, UCLA and UCB.</p>

<p>Been accepted to UCSB, UCD, UCSC, rejected from UCSD and waiting for UCLA and UCB.</p>

<p>Problem is I might fail Calculus this semester and upon reading the conditions of admissions, I noticed how UCSC just says “You fail the requirements for the Conditions of Admissions if you get a D or a F” while UCD and UCSB offer assistance to try and help.</p>

<p>I’m taking Calculus at City College of San Francisco, which is actually one of the best community colleges in the country. I’ve been busy as President of the school’s largest club, as well as the Chairman of the Student Council. This would be my 5th unit of math. I’m not saying that I’ve failed it already, but I’m afraid I might. Is UCSC going to be like “You failed, ■■■■” and not take anything into consideration. I understand that UCSB may not even care since I’ve completed the necessary a-g requirements, while UCD will take into consideration my circumstances. I got accepted in Cal Poly SLO, but they’re probably going to rescind.</p>

<p>Call UCSC immediately. They are actually one of the strictest campuses with this policy. In fact, anyone who mentioned getting a D or an F first semester of senior year was automatically rejected, regardless of other factors.</p>

<p>Try your best to pass it, but call and ask right now what will happen if you don't.</p>

<p>Actually if you got any D or F from 9-12 grade they automatically reject you:</p>

<p>"...if an applicant had notified our campus of receiving a grade of D or F in any 'a-g' course, that student would not have been selected for admission by UC Santa Cruz."</p>

<p>^^
...in addition to if you notified the campus of having a D or F in one of your 1st semester senior classes</p>

<p>My brother enrolled in UCSC a few years back. He had a D in one of his classes and they had him write an appeal letter and he ended up getting in.</p>

<p>I got a D in a class (not senior year, though) but repeated it for credit. I got in with merit money. Maybe if you promise to repeat it or let them know you're trying hard but it just isn't working out.</p>

<p>Thanks guys. My counselor offered to call them and tell them how hard I've personally been working and how this is actually my 6th unit of math so far. I'm going to work my butt off, but my counselor told me it might be better off to drop it.</p>

<p>If dropping it is an option, I would do it unless you have a concrete arrangement with UCSC admissions.</p>

<p>Good luck. I never made it past Pre-Cal!</p>