How difficult to get in?

<p>My D is a junior and CCPA is very high on her list for many reasons, especially location.
Can someone tell me the ratio of acceptance to application. For example, DePaul BFA-Acting says its takes 32/850 (yikes). Thanks so much and good luck to all who are waiting for this year!</p>

<p>My daughter auditioned for the MT Major - Dance emphasis. I believe they said 40 students were auditioning and they wanted 18 in the program (or they were going to accept 18 into the program). I can’t remember if they were going to make 18 offers or were going to make more than 18 offers so they could have 18 acceptances. The MT Major - Voice Emphasis would have many more auditioning for the school.</p>

<p>Thank you BethsMom, that gives me a sense of scale and helps me place it in Ds list. My D would be looking at the MT Major-Voice Emphasis but would accept Acting as a second choice. Sounds like much better odds than many schools we are looking at. And Chicago IS the heart of the theater scene outside of NYC. We are touring in April and can’t wait!</p>

<p>The MT Dance program only started last year. I would guess that there will be more people auditioning for it as time goes on and people become familiar with it. (Also @evilqueen Chicago is indeed a very good place to study theater. My son goes to plays once a week or so when he’s not in rehearsals, often at reduced price or free.) </p>

<p>They do accept more students than some programs, but they have hundreds of applicants (it is always so difficult to get an exact number.) I also suspect there are way more that 40 dance applicants this year, could that have been on that particular day?<br>
D LOVES going to school in Chicago. She is a voice emphasis freshman.</p>

<p>There were exactly 4 girls in the MT- Dance Emphasis audition at my daughter’s audition (NYC Unifieds. Walk-ins were not allowed for the MT Dance Emphasis. The head of the department specifically said there were 40 kids auditioning for the Dance Emphasis, so it was NOT 40 for that one day, it was 40 for the entire program (Dance Emphasis). As I noted above, the MT Voice Emphasis would have had a lot more kids and I believe walk-ins may have been allowed.</p>

<p>Oops, thanks for the correction, Bethsmom! I guess it’s because of the newness of the program. We’ve seen the dancers perform and they are wonderful. I posted an article about the program in another thread, and one of D’s classmate’s mom posted some additional info, if you haven’t checked it out.</p>

<p>Just in case anyone was wondering, I am now answering my own question. We visited last week and were told that they have about 800 audition for 75 slots, 25 each in MT voice, dance, and acting. </p>