How do I join a frat?

I’m transferring from a community college to a university and I want to join a fraternity, but I have no idea how to do it or even where to start. can someone help?

@sinasani look at the Fraternities at Purdue and see what they say about Greek Life. I can’t speak for Purdue but at my school there was a Fall Rush week and we also had a Spring Rush week. During rush week you go and visit the houses and talk to the members. If the members like you and feel you will be a good fit and add to their fraternity then they would extend a bid. If you get a bid then you basically become a pledge and have to meet the requirements of the Fraternity. Assuming you pass everything you then become initiated as a full member.

Things may have changed a bit since I was in school but for the most part I would anticipate the process is similar. My fraternity had minimum GPA requirements as well as community service requirements that I had to maintain each semester.

Shortly before school starts, you will get emails from the frats inviting you to apply for scholarships, which is the first way to show your interest. Formal rush starts in the first few weeks of school. I recommend you avoid the frats for the first semester to make sure you can handle to work load at Purdue. My son has told me that he studies every night till ten and every hour between classes. No time for fraternity involvement, barley time to get to the rec center.

There are plenty. Tomahawk is a Greek Organization no house dues that you ma wish to investigate