How do i tell them this?

<p>i have a 2.8 unweighted 1st half of senior year(just found out my grades, my school is on a weird system), but not because i was slacking off. I found out that my old sports coach, who’d coached me for years, has been accused of sexual abuse, rape, and pedophilia. (He never did anything to me, but still this is pretty big news). I couldn’t concentrate on my schoolwork at all because he was like a father to me and I just can’t believe it.</p>

<p>So of course I need to message the UCs I applied to(I never failed a class though, just got Cs) of my unacceptable gpa, but I think this is like, pretty inappropriate. </p>

<p>Do I just tell them like that? Do I need proof that i’m not making this up/Do I need to tell the UCs who he is? I’m sure there are records of me having attended his classes for 4 years if I need them…and he even taught classes at a UC so I’m sure they would recognize his name. Please help:(. His case is still ongoing so i’m not sure how this is going to affect my 2nd half of the year grades either</p>

<p>You didn’t fail any classes so nobody cares… chill.</p>