How do private schools weight honors classes? Quick Question, Please Look!

<p>So, this year I am doing pretty good. Im a Junior and so far getting 4 As, and 2 Bs, taking 1 AP and 1 Honors, both UC approved. So I will have a high upward trend and am doing a lot better than last year as you will soon see.</p>

<p>But last year I sucked and got 2Bs, 1 A, 2Cs. But I took all honors, with an advance math class (pre calc - which is mostly a jr level class, not a sophomore level class), which didn’t have any honors offered. 4 Honors classes, + pre calc. So it was a really hard year, probably harder than my junior year because I toned it down to get a good GPA and take classes I liked…</p>

<p>However, I found out as a sophomore that I only took 1 UC weighted class, and the other 3 honors were non weighted UC classes. So for sophomore year my UC GPA is 3.0. My unweighted is 2.8. But if you weight all my honors classes I would have about a 3.6-7ish about. That’s 6 more semesters of weighted and it really boosts my GPA. So, I was wondering how do private schools weight honors classes that are not approved by UCs? Do they have a different system of weighting? Cus if they weighted normal honors, not just UC approved, my weighted GPA will go way up. What’s the case with private school weighted GPAs? Could I have a better chance of going to privates?
Thanks.</p>

<p>It really sucked to find out my honors didn’t count. Some of my friends took normals and got As, while I took honors and worked way harder and mainly got Bs which didn’t count as weighted.</p>

<p>anyone?...</p>

<p>... bump, so would private colleges see a 3.6 wighted, a 3.0 (uc weighted), or a 2.8 (unweighted)</p>

<p>anyone wanna give me some info?</p>

<p>Wrong forum...this is the forum for the University of California system, which as far as I know are all public schools.</p>

<p>But to answer your question, effectively what happens is you send your transcript and they use their own weird method to calculate.</p>

<p>Private schools hve al different ways of looking at grades. Some may accept he wieighting as reported by the high school, others may use the unweighted grades, but then take into account the level of difficulty of the chosen corriculum. Most are not very impressed with straight As in easy classes.</p>