How do the UCs view APs

<p>I heard that the UCs don’t use your AP scores as one of the factors that can determine your admission. But if they do, how much weight do they put on the AP scores? Also, if you don’t take the AP test for the class you’re in since you decide to skip it, does that look bad?</p>

<p>I know they don't take AP Scores into account when reviewing your application. However, I'm not sure on taking the AP class and skipping the exam. For senior year they don't care, but they might for soph/junior year.</p>

<p>They don't take into consideration AP scores, but they DO recognize AP courses. In case you didn't know, they receive your AP scores AFTER you have been accepted and committed to their school.</p>

<p>When you take an AP class you get a weighted grade for that class which is counted by the UC's. They do not however pay any attention to the score you receive on the AP test for the course except to grant you college credit after you have been admitted.</p>

<p>They care about how many of the classes you take, since its something along the lines of course rigor. The tests don't affect admissions.</p>

<p>AP test scores are NOT used in admissions, but AP course grades are used for admission purposes. However, it doesn't hurt to list your AP score in the Other section of the app -- 3's or better, since that's what recieves credit at any UC. A handful of 5's would be extremely impressive to a reader, at least psychologically.</p>