How do they assign roommates for Bama Bound?

<p>One of my son’s future roommates will be attending the same BB on July 9. Do they try to stick future roommates together, or is it completely random?</p>

<p>No, there is no attempt to put future roomies together, since many students aren’t attending the same BB as their roomies (there are about 20 different BBs).</p>

<p>If students WANT to room together, they can. They have to specify. Otherwise, it’s random.</p>

<p>You have to sign in together when you arrive and ask to be in the same room. We were told there was no way to pre-select roommates.</p>

<p>My son and one of his roommates attended the same BB. The boys met up at the dorm and signed in together. If they want to room together they have to sign in at the same time and request to be in the same room. My son was there earlier and requested his roommate be in the same dorm but they told him that they had to register together, so he waited for him to show up. </p>

<p>They got along well and have a lot in common. They had fun (too much fun) and are looking forward to August. :)</p>

<p>My D was simply put in the suite with the girl who signed in immediately before her (she was in a 2 person suite so only had 1 roomie). I ended up in a suite with that girl’s mother, since we were also signing in at the same time, and two other women who signed in immediately after me. Meeting at the dorm and signing in together seems like the best way to be assigned to the same suite. There doesn’t appear to be any pre-assignment- rooms are assigned as you arrive and register.</p>