How do u like it here?

<p>Hey.</p>

<p>Well first off, what made you want to come to this school? And secondly, how much are you enjoying it? Elaborate about that in terms of athletics, campus, clubs, curriculum, academics, food, social life, city life, things to do, student body, professors, financial help etc.
From your overall experience at this university, rate how much you like it on a scale from 1-10.</p>

<p>I love it here, applying here ED was the best decision I ever made.</p>

<p>That being said, there is a special type of person that likes this sort of a school and I definitely don't recommend someone apply ED unless they love it. </p>

<p>Academically our school is becoming better and better, you'd think Miami is full of partiers but half of the people I know don't party. It's not a big deal if you don't drink or anything, you definitely can find people but you may have to search a little harder. You can tell because half of the kids are getting some sort of scholarship so it's definitely changing from its rich kid image.</p>

<p>The social scene here is good. It has something for everyone. If you club, you can go clubbing or frat parties or even just party in the dorms or if you don't like partying or doing anything, there is Sunset place, and countless other great on campus activites sponsored by UM.</p>

<p>The food sorta sucks but honestly with how great the school is, everything can't be perfect. The dorms are okay, the Towers are the best place to live freshmen year because it forces you to be more social and meet tons of people. The rooms arent that bad and again, it's Miami so you're not inside all that much.</p>

<p>The campus activities are very varied, I really only know about Greek life cuz I pledged and went Greek. It's a sizable Greek population but if you're not Greek, it's not a problem. Almost all of my friends aren't Greek. The sororities and frats tend to get along as well so there's not real rivaliries. Greek is great if you want to have a group of friends and somewhere to belong, it makes college less intimdating.</p>

<p>Anyone wants to talk to me about anything, feel free to email me here or at <a href="mailto:miamigal09@gmail.com">miamigal09@gmail.com</a> or even at AIM at miamigal915. I know how intimidating the college process can be and sometimes talking to people who go there can really help you out and figure it out.</p>

<p>love the beach! the grove! the glamorous SoBe night life! cuban food!</p>

<p>don't like the palmetto and 836 rush hour traffic and the hot winters.</p>

<p>they should make florida univeristy....</p>

<p>moe: what school do u go to?
joe: FU.</p>

<p>Furman already has that distinction. For the football/basketball games, you'll see alot of FU signs/face painting.</p>

<p>candiecane thanks for the info! </p>

<p>does anyone know anything about miami's english/creative writing programs?</p>