how do you check the application status?

<p>I applied to Purdue about a month ago. I was wondering, how do you check your application status? I tried calling the Admissions Office but they specifically told me not to call about application statuses. Is there another way of checking? </p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>um i called them for my application status but that was like in late nov.</p>

<p>just email them, I got my response really quickly when I did (long time ago)</p>

<p>uh i emailed them about more than a week ago. no response. yikes</p>

<p>Yeah, I am really disappointed with Purdue's application department. I applied months ago and now I have no way of checking my application status. Not on their website, not by phone, not by email (no response from the one I sent). With rolling admissions, and the fact that Purdue is not only my #2 choice and it was a safety for me, this concerns me greatly. If I get denied, I will be VERY irritated as a friend of mine with a lower GPA, easier classes, and less ECs than me already got in a long time ago.</p>

<p>hmm thats weird... you're probably missing something when you sent the email.. I emailed them several times, each time getting a reply in 2days or less...Here's the email that I sent them most recently...</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Hi, I have recently applied to Purdue University and am concerned whether or not the school has received all my application supplement materials. If there is anything missing in my profile, please contact me at ********. Thank You and sorry for the inconvenience. </p>

<p>-*******</p>

<p>The DAY after... they replied</p>

<p>Good morning, ****.</p>

<p>Yes, we have received all of your materials. You should be hearing from us very soon.</p>

<p>:-)</p>

<p>GO BOILERS!</p>

<p>It might be because you didn't supply a DOB or another essential item that they need to find your application so try again?</p>

<p>and if you're really curious, I emailed them on the 13th of Dec and they replied back the 14th</p>

<p>I didn't add my DOB but I did add my name, address, high school, major so I think I identified myself pretty clearly. I still haven't received anything back yet through email, but I do know that my application is complete. I mustered up the courage to call again and after being transfered from one employee to another for 5 minutes, someone was kind enough to tell me that my stuff got in fine. </p>

<p>So, that out of the way, I wonder how long I have to wait for a decision???</p>

<p>You cannot check application status because Purdue has a policy of not allowing students to check their application. The reason being is that it "slows down the application process" and to just wait for a decision in the mail.</p>

<p>I would reccomend NEVER calling them about application status. However, a polite e-mail with SSN, name, and perhaps DOB should suffice.</p>

<p>I actually received an e-mail notification from them once they received my test scores and transcripts, confirming they had received them. Although, the email was asking me to apply because I had not sent in my online app yet, haha. (yeah I know) </p>

<p>I wouldn't be too worried about it.</p>

<p>So, one day short of TWO MONTHS after I sent in my app, Purdue called my school to let them know they were missing something (my stuff has been sent in twice...). Yikes.</p>

<p>just got email from the admission.
its said that they havent got my transcript. but i hv sent it like A MONTH ago.. wht should i do??
it's also kindda said that since the admission deadline has passed, my chance is based on the space available!</p>

<p>on 02/20/08, i got a confirmation email from purdue, saying that they hv received my app. and will let me know if there's something missing within 10 days,,and now they just told me they hvnt got my transcript after 2weeks?!
i hate that!</p>

<p>hmm... its been a over a month since I sent in everything. I wonder what the heck is happening.</p>

<p>email them..
but make sure you state your full name,ssn,or dob...</p>

<p>Give them a call thats what I did. I sent mine around mid-Oct.(transcript&SAT) but the application around August. Heard back around Mid-Nov. Call the people at the admissions and ask about the status. They will most likely tell you that they received everything if its been a while. They said the same thing to me then like 2 days later, I received the mail on my acceptance.</p>

<p>Jim,
Did you find out through the snail mail or online? I got the acceptance online, awaiting my package in snail mail.</p>

<p>i got accepted, i only got things through snail mail.</p>

<p>got my package on Saturday.</p>

<p>i got the acceptance by mail. your gonna get more stuff from the college you applied from.</p>