How do you convert IB score into American GPA system?

<p>I’ve got 26, 27, 28, and 30 (without bonus points) in my junior and senior year in IBDP courses and I was wondering what is my GPA?</p>

<p>I would contact Mrs. Edwina Crawford with your question.</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:ecrawfor@bama.ua.edu”>ecrawfor@bama.ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Include as much info as you can about scores/grades. You also need to include info about your frosh and soph years.</p>

<p>Here is some info from a prior posting found written by a teacher in an IB school:
IB schools do not compute GPA. Colleges understand all of this, and they review applications according to the individual schools’ profiles. So if you are a full IB diploma student, and you don’t have a standard GPA, the colleges will know how to read the transcript.</p>

<p>Also found: US Grading (general)
Please note that the IB does not publish conversion tables of the IB 1-7 scale to the US based A-F letter scale. As you may or may not be aware, there is no national standard in the US for what an “A” or “A+”grade. In some schools it is based on a percentage score (90% or higher) where others it is a conversion of a Grade Point Average (GPA). The IB grade scale in the DP is criterion-referenced, and grade boundaries are set (for the externally assessed materials) at each examination session. It is up to each school then, to decide internally on how best to interpret their own grade system to reflect the existing (external) IB grade boundaries. The IB does publish a complete explanation on assessment principles and practice on the public website, available by clicking here.
Go into this link to find more info:
[Country</a> specific](<a href=“http://www.ibo.org/ibap/universityrecognition/faq-country/]Country”>http://www.ibo.org/ibap/universityrecognition/faq-country/)</p>

<p>Have you checked with your school to see if they convert IB to GPA? Although the post included above says IB schools don’t have a standard conversion chart, some students did post that their schools have created their own IB to GPA tables. If yours does not then be sure to ask your counselor to send your school’s profile along with your IB scores,the college(s) should be able to interpret from there.</p>

<p>Ejeon…have you already applied to Bama?</p>