How do you input IB MYP classes?

There does not appear to be an option on the UC application to input IB MYP (International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program) classes. Many of these classes (not all; those exceptions cause even more problems) are modified versions of existing classes (ex: MYP English 4). However, I hesitate to input just (for example) “English 4,” because the MYP version is significantly different (and much harder) and I want to show the UCs a legitimate picture of my course load. Keeping in mind that most of my freshmen and sophomore classes were MYP, should I be using the miscellaneous area to fill in all of my classes?

Thanks for the help!

I’m having the same problem, it seems the UC app is fairly hostile to non-california systems… So far I’ve put MYP courses as “NH” because they don’t show up under the UC approved honors level courses as IB DP courses do, so just to be on the safe side I put them as NH. I am worried it will impact their calculations of the GPA though, because that means that I didn’t take any hard courses in 9th and 10th from their perspective. What did you end up doing?

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/contact/

Keep in mind, that at my daughter’s California high school, none of the very rigorous honors/pre-IB English classes offered in 9/10 grade are UC Honors approved. Very few non AP or diploma IB classes are. So your 9/10 grade core classes not being UC honors will not be unusual.