How does Alabama calculate HS GPA?

<p>Most schools recalculate the hs GPA to include only those classes which they see as relevant or even with just the “major 5 - english, history, math, science, foreign language”. What does Alabama do in this regard? In needing a 3.5 GPA for full OOS scholarships, what would be included?</p>

<p>i think the norm for UA is to use all classes, but if there is an issue, you can have the counselor write a letter explaining the situation.</p>

<p>what is the issue?</p>

<p>I called and asked during last year’s cycle (HS graduates of 2012), and was told by the admissions office that they use the highest GPA reported on the HS transcript.</p>

<p>Bama uses ALL classes, even Religion and PE in GPA. Bama doesn’t recalculate unless the high school uses an unusual system …like a 6.0 scale.</p>

<p>Typically Bama uses whatever the highest GPA is on the transcript…if that’s the weighted GPA, then that’s fine.</p>

<p>

D’s raw average is typically around 94% (3.76?) but if you start picking and parsing, her math grades bring that down some. Just wondering if there were any formula by which we could evaluate where she stands as they see it. It seems like different schools do different things.</p>

<p>Thanks for the help.</p>

<p>what was her GPA as reported on her transcript at the start of the year?</p>

<p>After Junior year, it was cumulative 94.32. That includes PE, health, photography, art, and various business classes.</p>

<p>Or…what was her cum GPA at the end of her junior year??</p>

<p>94.32 should be well over 3.5.</p>

<p>on that scale, i think an 88 GPA would be enough. (3.5/4.0 = 87.5)</p>