How early can I apply for University Honors?

<p>Right now I don't have the credentials, (GPA: 4.45 Unweighted: 3.96) , SAT 1340)</p>

<p>Would I be able to apply before the end of the first semester?</p>

<p>I believe its sometime in the 2nd semester that you apply to be in honors. The timing isnt too important I believe. I was a transfer student who somehow wasnt contacted by honor to apply, so I had to contact them to get the application material in May which is late for them but I was still able to get accepted to honors and secure a spot in the honors dorm. I wouldn’t worry about it too much, but I’ll ask some of the in-school transfers when they started applying to help you out.</p>

<p>Wait, are you in high school?</p>

<p>Yes. 10char</p>

<p>Your SAT is as close as it gets and your GPA is good. I received my honors invitation after applying regular decision some time in the spring. It doesn’t really matter when you apply for honors since you can apply pretty late. If you don’t receive an invite in the spring, contact the honors staff with your credentials and I imagine they’ll send you an app. They like to see initiative on the student’s part. Maybe even contact them now just to be sure. I would search this message board for what others have done in similar situations since there is a topic about honors once every few days here.</p>

<p>Don’t pass up the opportunity; honors will make VT a completely different (and better, if you take advantage of the chance) experience for you.</p>

<p>Alright. I’ll think about honors if I decide to enroll.</p>