How fast does engineering fill up?

<p>How fast does engineering fill up? I plan on improving my SAT score in October from a 2040 to atleast a 2150(fingers crossed), but if engineering fills up fast, should I just fill an application in early august?</p>

<p>Apply early. Taking the test in October and waiting for results may be too late.</p>

<p>Agree with kldat1! </p>

<p>Not that you necessary have to be THIS early, but our son completed his Apply Texas application and submitted it at ~ 12:30 a.m. the morning of Aug. 1st, and was accepted. Rule of thumb - apply early.</p>

<p>Apply early with current scores, then update your file with your future score. You can continue to update scores until Dec. 1st cutoff. </p>

<p>Awesome, that’s what I was thinking, but it’s nice to get confirmation from people who’ve done this before. Thanks guys.</p>

<p>It also helps you have your completed essays done before filling out the Apply Texas application. That way you just cut and paste. I have heard of some students that did not even begin to write their essays until Sept or October, and them applied in Nov. or December, or later. Not sure of they were accepted or not, but why let so much time lapse when you could have planned ahead?! All the best!</p>

<p>Complete the app by the end of August and you will be fine. By the end of September probably OK too but not guaranteed. If you wait until October or later then you run the risk of falling into the review category.</p>

<p>My son submitted his around August 20 and was accepted in the first wave. But as the say in the investing world “Past performance is no indication of future results”. </p>