How good is TAMU Engineering?

Howdy,

I know that TAMU engineering is one of the best engineering schools in the nation, but why is it ranked so high?
I just want to the perks of being an Aggie Engineer, and if LOOK is a prestigious school or not.

And then can someone tell me about the university atmosphere itself?

All response are greatly appreciated.

Gigem

I’ll say this. I have two brothers in law that are engineers one environmental and one civil and graduates of TAMU. They both manage firms with international business. They are very explicit in that they have found graduates from A&M more prepared not only in terms of their education but as employees with a solid work ethic than other schools. They also say that UT and Oklahoma State are turning out very prepared engineers as well. They say given the choice of equal candidates for a position with equal qualifications and that both interview well they will most often choose the Aggie.

Rankings by sites and such are great and everything but to know how the school is perceived you really need to speak with employers in the industry you are interested in working in. After all you are going to school to make yourself marketable for a career not to say you went to the school that joe blow ranking site said was #1.

@TxSker - I heard that Aggie network is very strong and always prefer candidates from TAMU. I hope your BILs, being Aggies, not biased on their assessment:)